Skip to main content

Honeymoon Israel Trip ~ Day 4

Day four was filled with tunnels and walls.  We started in the City of David and took the tunnels to the Old City.  We also explored the Western Wall tunnels.  They were all pretty amazing, but once again, I enjoy the history of it all.

As for the Western Wall, when I visited I delivered all of the prayers to the wall.  One for me and one for my friend, Lee.  The wall was so full of prayers that in order to put a prayer in a crevice some of the prayers would fall to the ground.  It was a balancing act to get all of the prayers to stay within the wall.  I have mixed feelings about the Western Wall.  I loved being able to have a connection to G-d like so many women before me. However, I was irked at how crowded and non-inviting it can be for women.  The women's side of the wall is very small as compared to the men's side.  It just made my experience at the Wall much different than Josh's. I guess I am all for equality and the Western Wall has just not progressed to a state of equality for women and men.  I guess it was just more annoying than anything. 

One last funny memory ... our last exercise of the day was a couples' exercise.  We were given a word and asked to discuss it and analyze how we may embody this word as a couple.  Our word was "Compassion".  Josh seemed to think that was when I forgave him for things.  Oh vey!  I guess we needed some couple time so that we could figure out our mutual definition of "compassion".

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!