Skip to main content

Mother's Day 2016

Last Sunday, we spent our afternoon at my parent's home celebrating Mother's Day.  We couldn't have asked for a more perfect afternoon.  The weather was delightful and we were able to sit and chat on the patio while watching the the kids as they played.  Oma also joined us for the festivities.  It had been a long time since we had a family gathering.

Dad was in charge of grilling shish kebobs for dinner.  Mom prepared the rest of the meal ...a salad, funeral potatoes, and garlic bread.  My assignment was dessert.  I made homemade chocolate chip cookies.  This is, by far, one of my most favorite meals.

Now that I am a mom, I understand motherhood is messy, hard, not perfect, chaotic, crazy, challenging, noisy and draining.  But it is the most rewarding and fulfilling job I have ever had.  I couldn't even imagine my life any other way.

But I am most of all thankful for my mom.  She has helped me grow into the person I am today.  She has been there to guide me through many, many of my life's decisions -- big or small.  She has bailed me out when life was too overwhelming, but also stood firm when I needed to figure out the solution on my own.  She is never more than a phone call away.  And for that I am so grateful.

Mom, thank you for all that you do.  We are so lucky to have you!

Madi, Aiden and Toby
Aiden
Oma and Madi talking to Lynsey and Tonny
Madi and Toby
Oma and Madi
Madi, Oma and Aiden
Madi
Aiden and Madi
Madi, me and Aiden
Oma and Josh
Mom and I
Micky and Mom
Me, Micky and Mom
Dad and Mom
Madi, Grandma and Aiden

Comments

Shirley said…
Great pictures! I am so blessed to be your mother and a grandmother to your beautiful children. I am thankful for the precious moments we share. I am also proud of the wife, mother and career woman you are. The trials and tribulations of Motherhood make it all worth it! Love you with all my heart.

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!