Skip to main content

Button, Button, and More Buttons

Growing up kids have the strangest likes and dislikes.  And once it is in their head that they dislike something there is no changing their mind.  As children, we all did this.  I know there were certain foods that I wouldn't eat just because of the texture or color.  Luckily, most of these dislike lessen as we grow older.

I can recall growing up that my sister *detested* buttons on her clothes.  She wouldn't even wear a single piece of clothing if it had a button on it.  It became a huge challenge for my mom.  I remember watching her open Christmas gifts and if one of the garments had even a single button on it, she would eye it with disgust and quickly toss it to the side with two fingers as if this item were going to give her cooties.  I laughed at her then.  I guess I shouldn't have because I may have a mini-Lynsey on my hands.  Dang karma.  

Aiden has decided that he no longer likes buttons.  Well, let me rephrase that, he doesn't like buttons on his shirts.  Whenever, I pick out a shirt with buttons, he shakes his head and says, "No buttons, Mommy!"  Some mornings are worse than others.  Sometimes he will wear a shirt with buttons with only slight disdain.  Other mornings involve going to the mattresses and this Mommy usually loses.  On those mornings, we, ultimately, find a non-button shirt for him to wear.  Do you know how hard it is to find non-button little boys winter shirts?  

I also find it odd it that Aiden doesn't even bat an eye at one of his jackets which has a ton of buttons because it has Spider-Man on it.  I love that Spider-Man supersedes his dislike of buttons.  He is such a funny little boy.  Love him!

Aiden's Thoughts on Buttons

Comments

Grandma Farrell said…
Ugh....it was always a challenge with Lynsey and now Aiden!
Kathleen King said…
Too cute!
Melinda Snyder said…
He's hysterical - the night I put them in their pj's I tried to get him into his batman ones ( I think or maybe superman) and he told me no because he didn't have his cape.
Grandma Farrell said…
The PJs with capes are not allowed in this house. He wakes up in the middle of the night looking for the cape. Done with that!
Melinda Snyder said…
Yes Shirley, I'm sure that doesn't fly at Grandma's.
Amy Love said…
He would HATE my house lol...too cute
Melinda Snyder said…
And why does he remind me so much of Josh in this video???

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!