Skip to main content

Hell Freezing Over ...

This afternoon Phoenix was hit by very severe thunderstorms which resulted in tornado-like winds, rain resulting in flooding valley wide and golfball sized hail.  It was insane!  Never have I experienced this type of storm.  It is being called the "Frozen Monsoon".  I cannot believe just two days ago the temperature was 108 degress and now it is a brisk 68 degrees.  The storm shut down several Phoenix highways due to underpass flooding and traffic accidents.  On my way home, I encountered several down powerlines and uprooted trees.  The news reported several damaged homes, vehicles and businesses because of the golfball sized hail.  My parents home and our home also fell victim to this storm.  My parents lost a skylight and suffered some minimal damage to their home.  I came home to find our front kitchen window shattered and our sunshades shredded.  We also had some minimal impact damage in the stucco on the front of our home.  There were several piles of residual hail all over our yard and the grass in the backyard was sprinkled liked it had snowed.  Below I have posted some photos that I took when I got home.  How crazy is this!

See the hail on the grass and under one of our bushes?
 Not quite golfball sized, but still pretty big ...
 Hail piled around our yard ...
 Check out the damage to our window ...
 
  

Comments

Lynsey said…
Crap Sis! I can't believe the photos of your window. Normally, you just lose a tree or two.

But, more importantly, how did Madi survive?
Amy Love said…
OMG I can't believe the hail you guys had. I had a lot of rain but only my umbrella broke.

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!