Skip to main content

Let's Play Ball!

As you know, Phoenix is a major hotspot for the numerous Spring Training games that are held daily at fifteen different Cactus League ballparks in March.  I *love* spring training!  I don't know exactly why because I am not a huge MLB fan, but when Spring Training time arrives in Phoenix I try to get out to a game at least once a week.  I am not sure if I love it because weather is picture perfect or the fact that the fields are small and intimate and allow the spectators to be so close to the action of the game, or because of the traditional ballpark food of beer (which I did not get to enjoy this year) and a hot dog.  What ever the reason, it is America's pasttime and I really enjoy being a member of the Spring Training spectator club.

Anyway, this year we decided to take Madilyn to her first Spring Training game.  I was a little concerned.  Nine innings is a long time for a toddler to stay entertained and sit still.  Heck, I usually cannot even make it through all nine innings.  How will she?  Well, Madi was her typical happy self and adjusted just nicely.  She enjoyed sharing in all of the ballpark food with *everyone* around us.  She even got strangers sitting near us to give her some of their food.  She enjoyed walking around the ballpark and interacted with all the fellow spectators.  I cannot wait to take her when she actually can understand the concept of the game, but I have a feeling that will be many, many years in the future.  Oh well, it was a very successful family outing.

Dressed Ready to See the Game
Mommy & Madi
Walking to the Ballpark Like a "Big Girl"
Actually Watching the Game
 
Darcie, Debi & Steve Joined Us

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!