Skip to main content

Core Strenghening

I have never been very good at keeping my new year's resolutions.  Probably because I made resolutions, but I have never been very good at turning those resolutions into goals.  Well, this year I decided that instead of making a bunch of new year's resolutions, I would instead make goals.  For the past week, I spent a good amount of time thinking about the good, the bad and the lessons learned from 2012.  Luckily, we had more good than bad this year and for that I am very thankful.  Then, I shifted my focus to 2013.  What successes would I like?  What are my goals?  What am I lacking?  What would I like to change?  I quickly was able to list out all of my goals and thoughts for a successful year.  The last thing that I needed to do was to figure out a way to keep all of these great ideas on top of my mind so I could guarantee their success and not forget about them as life becomes crazy. 

Luckily, today I was invited to a Vision Board Party.  A vision board is typically a poster board on which you paste or collage images that you’ve torn out from various magazines.  It’s simple.  The idea behind this is that when you surround yourself with images of who you want to become, what you want to have, where you want to live, or where you want to vacation, your life changes to match those images and those desires.  That is exactly I what I did today.  I spent the morning with other women cutting out images and words from magazines which conveyed to me what my goals and aspirations were for 2013.  I then pasted them onto my vision board.  I really enjoyed watching all of my goals and aspirations for the year transform into words and pictures.  I am really pleased with my work of art.  I am going to frame and hang this board in my bathroom so I can look at it every day to ensure that I am focusing on what will make me happy and what is important to me this year.  Here is my vision board:


The theme of my vision board this year is "Core Strengthening".  This is more than just strenghening my body's core, even though that is a major goal of mine this year.  I want to strengthen all of my life's "cores". 

I would like to strengthen my marriage as it is the core of my entire life.  With a strong marriage, I know that we can face any of life's challenges together. 

I would like to strengthen my career and go back to the basics of what make work fun and challenging for me.  Try to remember why I choose the profession I have and hopefully make more money in doing so.

I would like to strengthen the core of our household financials.  Evaluate what we are doing right, where we have some faults and how to improve our overall financial outlook. 

As a mom, my kids are also the core to my happiness.  I would like to learn how to enjoy more of the little moments and simple joys with them as they grow more and more each year. 

I do intend on focusing more on my body's core by exercising more regularly and eating more healthy.  

Lastly, I would like to strengthen the core of me -- my well-being and personal development.  I am a student at my core so this year I would like to take a photography class.  Or maybe take a Spanish course to brush up on my language skills.  I also would like to read more.  I am often so tired by the time we go to bed that reading has gone by the way side.  I would also like to work on expressing my graditude and have more patience.

Now, may all of my intentions come to be ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!