Skip to main content

Judaism Journal Entry: Week Nine

Judaism is not just a religion.  In what activities might you involve yourself that would enable you to feel more a part of the Jewish people?

Luckily for me, since I was not raised Jewish, the above statement is true for me.  Judaism is not just a religion.  It is people, history, customs and traditions.  Since my husband’s family is Jewish, I have felt from the onset that I am part of the Jewish people.  They have taught me traditions, rituals, customs and even some of their own personal history.  For me, Judaism has been more about the people than it has been about the religious connection.  Although, I can say that as I learn more, that religious belief grows stronger. 

I feel that I have already started to involve myself in activities that make my connection to Judaism grow stronger.  As a family, we have joined a synagogue so that we can strengthen our Jewish community.  We have started to attend Tot Shabbat with our kids so they can also start feeling connected to kids of their same heritage.  I enrolled in this course to learn more about Judaism so that I could have a deeper understanding of what this religion stood for and how to incorporate its values into my life more.  We have started to celebrate Shabbat and some of the other Jewish holidays in our home more.  We have signed up with the PJ Library Book Club so we can read Jewish books to our kids at bedtime.  All of these things, I feel, enable me to feel a stronger connection to the Jewish people and faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!