Skip to main content

Manta Ray Swim Team ~ Meet #3

Last Thursday, Madilyn had her third City of Phoenix swim meet.  It was a scorcher for us spectators. It was over one-hundred degrees for the entire swim meet.  I have a newly developed appreciation and admiration towards my parents who continually supported me at my swim meets during the heat of the summer.  I guess I am now fully a swimmer's mom!

This week the meet was hosted by Roadrunner Pool.  Madilyn did wonderful!  I cannot believe how confident she is becoming.  She is like a totally different kid in that water.  We are so proud of her. Plus, she is becoming a much stronger swimmer as well.  Here are some of my favorite parts of the swim meet:
  • Watching the swim meet with Aunt Christy and Uncle Brandon.  They were such troopers for staying for the entire meet in the record-breaking heat!
  • Being the swim mom who supplied "treats" to Madi and all of her friends for swimming a good race.  They would all visit me after each race to receive their appropriate reward ~ two fruit snacks.
  • Chuckling at my daughter, who only wore her goggles appropriately fifty percent of her races. The other fifty percent of the time they remained on top of her head.  I think that she just got so anxious about swimming her race that she forgot to place them on her eyes. 
  • Listening to Aiden cheer on his sister during her races.  Every once and a while, they show me how much they love each other.  It was pretty adorable. 
  • And watching the little kids swim butterfly.  Just watching them try to hard to swim a really difficult stroke made me smile.  I love their determination and persistence.  What a great reminder for us adults! 
Madi at swim practice Thursday morning
Warming-up at the swim meet
 Aiden watching the swim meet ...
Swimming the backstroke during the IM Relay event
Swimming the individual freestyle
Swimming the Individual Butterfly
After the meet with her ribbons:
1 ~ Red (2nd Place for Free Relay)
2 ~ White (3rd Place for the two Individual Races)
1 ~ Purple (Participation for the IM Relay)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!