Skip to main content

Mother’s Day!

Mother's Day started early in the Farrell-Landers' home this year.  The kids were so excited to make Mommy breakfast in bed that they awoke at 5:15am to start the preparation.  I love that they were *so* excited to do something for me.  However, I wasn't very excited that they decided to start the process so early.  They served me breakfast at about 6:15am.  In their minds, they allowed me to "sleep in".  Breakfast consisted of a breakfast burrito, bubble-loaf and coffee.  Many of my favorite breakfast foods. The best part was having the entire family, including the dogs, in bed with me while I read their cards and opened my gift.  What a memorable (and exhausting) way to start the day!

Being woken up on Mother's Day
Reading cards with the kids
Morning coffee on the patio
Mother's Day Selfie

After breakfast and coffee on the patio, we decided to go see the new Avengers movie as a family.  We are raising the next generation of superhero movie lovers.  The movie was really good, but none of us were very happy with the movie's cliffhanger ending.  Oh, Marvel and Disney, you know how to suck us in!


After the movie, we returned home to enjoy some time in the sun.  I soaked up some sunshine and Madi played in the pool.  Aiden and Josh enjoyed a Nerf gun fight.  Christy and Brandon even stopped over on their way home from a day trip up north.  The weather was so nice we enjoyed playing Rummikub on the patio.  
  

I could not have asked for a more perfect Mother's Day.  It was full of family, relaxation, and amusement.  I am so grateful to have a family who worked very hard to make my day as special as they could.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!