Skip to main content

Whittier Homecoming 2018

This October, I celebrated my twentieth college reunion during Whittier College's Homecoming.  I cannot believe that I graduated from college twenty years ago.  So many things have changed since then.  I am a mother, a wife, and a successful working woman.  So many of the dreams that I envisioned as a college student have come true.  Pretty amazing!

Homecoming started the second Friday in October.  I flew out to Whittier on Thursday night to spend some extra time with my society sisters before the regular Homecoming festivities began. We enjoyed a fun dinner our on Thursday and shopping/kibitzing on Friday.  I love that even though time passes, our friendship continues just like it was when we last saw each other.  Too fun!

Josh and the kids drove in on Friday afternoon after the school day concluded.  On Saturday, we showed them all around campus after I attended the Palmer brunch.  I showed them my old dorm rooms in Johnson Hall.  We took them to visit "The Rock".  We visited the science and art buildings.  They even enjoyed playing some games on quad while the alumni mingled with each other.  

Saturday evening, we got a babysitter for the kids, so we could attend our Class of 1998 reunion on top of the newly renovated science building.  The turnout for our reunion was small, but we all enjoyed spending time reminiscing and storytelling.  Our evening concluded eating ice cream at Rocky Cola Cafe.  One of our go-to places in college.

Before heading to Laguna Woods on Sunday, we enjoyed brunch with some of my society sisters and their families.  It was the perfect end to a nostalgic weekend.  

Kathleen King and I
Jenny and Megan
Madi ready to visit my college
Class of 1998 Palmers
Sisterly Love
King and I
Pure joy!
Ledesma (Chavez) and me
The kids at The Rock
Being silly with Aunt Kathleen
Madi and Aunt Kathleen
Aiden and Aunt Kathleen
Family Photo at The Rock
Madi and I
Homecoming Activities on the Quad
Class of 1998 Reunion
Josh and I on the roof of the science building
Palmers
Class of 1998 Attendees
At brunch...
The kids after brunch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!