Skip to main content

madi's moments ... slept through the night

For one of my shower gifts, I received a memory kit made by Tiny Tales.  It is marketed as a great way to capture your baby's little and big moments.  The kit contains several index cards that allows the user to simply check off one of the fun pre-filled categories, jot down the story, and slip the note behind the appropriate divider.  Here is what this product looks like:


In concept, I thought this was a great idea and was excited to jot down all of Madi's lifes moments.  And even though the box is conveniently on the counter, I never seem to fill out any of the cards.  Nonetheless, I really like the idea of recording Madi's moments, so I am going to incorporate it into my blog.  I guess I find it easier to type it versus finding the card and writing it down.  Doesn't make a lot of sense, but typing just seems *way* easier.

Here is Madi's moment:  She slept through the entire night for the first time Friday evening.  We put her to bed, swaddled up at 10 o'clock, as has been her normal routine for a while.  I woke up in the morning and noticed the sun shining out my window.  I was a little confused and quickly woke up Josh.  I asked him if he had woken up in the middle of the night to tend to Madi and he replied that he had not.  I then grabbed our baby monitor to check on her.  No movement or sound.  So, I quickly jumped out of bed and rushed to her room to make sure that she was still alive.  She was.  In fact, she was lying there snoring happily.  I just couldn't believe that our little one had slept through the entire night -- eight hours straight!  I never had considered the thought that we would not be woken up in the middle of the night.  I had just resigned to that idea.  I am so proud of her.  We thought it was a fluke and would not be repeated, until I woke up this morning with the same result.  This time she slept nine hours straight.  Unbelievable!  I strongly believe this sleep patern is a result of the new schedule Yolanda started Madi on this week.  She encourages Madi to stay awake during day only allowing her to take an hour to hour and a half naps.  She recommended we continue this regimen over weekend and to keep Madi awake at night until bedtime.  We have and, so far, Madi is adjusting to this new schedule nicely, with only a few fussy moments.  We know she will not continue to sleep through the night every night, but, for right now, we will take it one night at a time and keep our fingers crossed.

Comments

jiffy said…
whoo hoo!! congrats (even though i already told you in person, too!) i don't remember if i commented on your jc penney post. we had the same problem w/ them... running late, being super hot in there. ugh! my cousin hannah had the same problem with them. you get what you pay for, i guess! considering one of my best friends in high school worked there, i can tell you first hand that she had no clue what she was doing :)
Andrea said…
Way to go, Madi!! Sounds like this new schedule is working out perfectly!

You know me -- I abandoned the baby books looooooong ago. My blog is the only record the kids have! : ) Keep it up -- typing is way easier!

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!