Skip to main content

Pregnancy Update: 37 Weeks

Here I am -- due date, 4 weeks and counting.  I have reached beyond the pivotal week 36 in my pregnancy.  This begins my weekly prenatal visits.  As of today, my OB/GYN said this little one could come any day now.  However, there was no real change in the baby's statistics from last week, so I am skeptical that our little baby boy will be making an appearance in the upcoming week.  In the last couple of days, I am starting to feel what I think are Braxton-Hicks contractions, but who knows, especially since nothing changed from last week.  I guess, we are just in "wait and see" mode. 

This pregnancy has been definitely different than with Madilyn.  He feels much bigger and slightly more uncomfortable than she did.  Plus, he is a *mover*.  He is constantly changing his position and kicking his little legs.  My heartburn hasn't been too terrible, but I have been surprised at my lack of appetite.  I blame the weather.  It is just too dang hot to eat, but there is always room for ice cream or a chocolate shake.  Poor Josh and Madi, I think that I am going to freeze them out of the house.  We even had to buy a couple of extra floor fans to help with my hot flashes.  So far, Madilyn doesn't really understand that she will be a big sister in less than a month, but we are trying to talk to her about it hoping she will adapt pretty well.  The baby's room is ready.  My hospital bags are packed.  And so we wait ...

Here are the stats as of this week's visit ...

Projected Due Date:  August 9th

Total Weight Gained: 21 pounds

Baby's Heartbeat: 155

Baby's Weight:  7 pounds, 6 ounces

Fundal Height Measurement:  37cm
Typically, it should match your current week of pregnancy.

Effacement Percentage:  50%  (Same as last week)
This is how thin your cervix is.

Dilatation:  1-2 centimeters  (It was 1cm last week)
How far your cervix has opened. 10 centimeters being the widest.

Baby's Head Station: -1
This is the position of the baby in relation to your pelvis, measured in pluses and minuses. A baby who is at 0 station is said to be engaged, while a baby in the negative numbers is said to be floating. The positive numbers are the way out!

An Ultrasound Photo from Today's Visit ...
Our "Proof" -- It's A Boy!
The Ultrasound Tech kept telling me that she was looking for the "turtle's head".  That is what the arrow is pointing at.  To the left of the "turtle's head" is the baby's scrotum.  Can you believe how *big* it is?  The other two large blobs below the turtle and to the right of the turtle are his feet.  Crazy, huh?

Comments

Leah Ryan Huss said…
Love your blog, can't wait til he gets here!

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!