Skip to main content

'Tis the Season ... for Tears

These photos encapsulate the iconic and almost necessary "toddler with Santa" picture.  I just couldn't resist.  I know it seems very cruel, but I wanted to capture this moment in time.  It is the first Santa picture for both kids.  So, my mom and I headed to the mall on the first Friday in December to capture this precious pose.  We soon discovered, as we had the chance to visit with Santa several times in December, that Madilyn loves Santa from afar, but as soon as it was time to sit on his lap, she didn't want anything to do with Jolly St. Nick.  I cannot blame her.  Who wouldn't be scared of a complete stranger dressed in a red suit with a giant white beard?  Plus, toddlers have an inherent fear of strangers anyway.  She is *so* not happy.

As for Aiden, I think his face tells it all.  He doesn't even seem to mind at all.  A kind of deer in the headlights look.  Nor is he even concerned with his crying sister sitting next to him. 

Santa, on the otherhand, cannot believe that he has, yet, another crying child on his lap.  Too funny!

I cannot wait to try again next year!
Check out the crocodile-sized tears rolling down her face and chin ...

Comments

Lynsey said…
Reminds me of The Christmas Story movie where the elf is so mean and everyone is frightened of the big guy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtwVgOmPNPE. Aiden, as usual... so chill. Wish I could have seen it.

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!