Skip to main content

The Fall Boy!

Last Sunday while Josh was mowing the lawn and I was working on a project inside, the kids decided they wanted to play out on the swing set.  Everything was normal, until I heard Madilyn and Aiden calling for "Daddy, Daddy".  I noticed Josh run across the lawn, pick up Aiden, and yelled to me for assistance. Aiden's face was covered in blood.  I really wish that I had taken a picture of him at that moment, but I had other things on my mind.  He had blood coming down his forehead, nose and coming out of his eye.  It looked pretty awful and Josh immediately wanted to go to Urgent Care.  I took Aiden into the kitchen to start cleaning off the blood to assess the situation.  After cleaning him up, we realized the wounds were not as dire as it may have seemed.  He had a nice little gash on his eyelid and a big bump on his forehead.  We thought the gash on his eyelid may need stitches, so we loaded the kids up in the car and headed to Urgent Care. However, on our way, we decided that he was doing fine and the cut wasn't too bad.  So, we turned around and just patched him up with band-aids and some Neosporin.  

We found out later that Madi was trying to climb the rock wall while Aiden stood on the platform of the swing set trying to pull her up.  Apparently, he doesn't have the strength to hold himself up on the swing set and help his sister out.  The result a five-foot fall into a dirt face plant.

Day 1 -- On the way to the Urgent Care
Day 1 -- At Grandma & Grandpa's
 Day 2 -- After scabbing
 Day 4 -- Getting better
 Day 6 -- Looking good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!