Skip to main content

Vision Boarding

For the past five years, I have created a vision board every January as a way to focus on my intentions for the upcoming year.  A vision board is a visualization tool in which you build a collage of words and pictures that represent certain goals and dreams you are trying to achieve. In creating my vision board for 2018, I found myself very drawn to examining and reflecting on my vision boards of the past.  I loved exploring what goals and intentions I had set for myself and how these aspirations transpired by the end of my goal year.  Some of my past vision boards were more focused on photos and less on words.  Others were more word and phrase focused.  Many of my boards shared many similar goals and yet each were uniquely different.  They even varied by color.  Some expressed much more vibrant colors while others were more muted or pale.  Here is my analysis of the past five years of vision boarding.  I hope you find it as intriguing as I did.

2013 – Core Strengthening 
Definition:  make or become stronger
Intentions for the year:  Strengthen marriage, career, financials, as a mom, my body, personal well-being and development.
Results:  We strengthened our marriage with a couples trip to Miami which allowed us to connect more.  Josh strengthened our financials by starting Commercial 33.  Jenn strengthened her faith by taking a Judaism course.   


2014 – Playful 
Definition:  giving or expressing pleasure and amusement
Intentions for the year:  Playful with my love of learning and storytelling, in my marriage, in the kitchen (cook more), on vacation, with my kids.  
Results:  We played more at home with the kids.  We played on the beach in Coronado.


2015 -- Re-Framing 
Definition: to look at, present, or think of (beliefs, ideas, relationships, etc.) in a new or 
different way
Intentions for the year:  Re-frame my mind, my relationships, by body, work-life balance.  
Results: We re-framed our backyard with master renovation.  Jenn turned forty and took some time to re-frame what that meant to her.  Madi started kindergarten, so we had to re-frame our thoughts about vacations and daily life schedules.  


2016 – Connections 
Definition: a relationship in which a person, thing, or idea is linked or associated with something else.
Intentions for the year:  Connect more with my husband, with my kids, with my friends, with my faith.  
Results:  We cultivated more relationships through our trip to Israel which also strengthened my connection with Judaism and my husband.  We added a couple of new family members – Mina and Harley. Jenn connected with her sorority sisters with a girls weekend.  We connected more with our kids during family vacations and trips.


2017 – Transformation 
Definition: a thorough or dramatic change in form or appearance
Intentions for the year:  Transforming my thoughts from old to new, my attitude, our family’s dynamics, my marriage, my work-life balance, my body. 
Results: I enjoyed my best sales years ever, felt fully connected to my husband and family through some personal assistance and guidance, developed a core circle of friends, maintained my body weight, and changed my thoughts on life.


In retrospect, the past five years have been full of so many amazing things: growth, challenges, relationships, vacations, learning, stability, spirituality, health, laughter, little moments, gratitude and lots of love.  I can only hope that the next five years are just as fulfilling and astounding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!