Skip to main content

Farrell Family Time in San Diego

What happens when you find out that your cousins and aunts will be in the same city that you will be in for a conference?  You come in a couple of days early before the conference and surprise them.  And that is what I did. 

My cousin Jodi had her Jazzercise International Conference in San Diego the last weekend of June.  Her mom, Aunt Rhonda and my cousin Shannon decided to join her and turned the entire trip into a girls' weekend.  Similarly, my NAHU Annual Conference also started that weekend, so once Jodi told me of her plans, we decided that I would surprise the other three and join in the girls' weekend fun.

I flew into San Diego on Thursday morning and surprised them the restaurant while they were enjoying brunch.  They were so surprised!  The best part was that I had just seen Aunt Rhonda the weekend before in Munds Park and we had kept it a secret from her even then.

Once we were all together, we took the ferry ride over to Coronado.  We enjoyed drinks and food at the Hotel Del Coronado.  We did a photo shoot on the beach.  We laughed.  We kibitzed.  We enjoyed each others company.  It was a fabulous day!

After our time in Coronado, we ubered back to the condo where they were staying for a quick respite.  We all started to get a little hungry and decided to visit San Diego's Little Italy neighborhood for dinner.  It is so charming and the food was amazing! 

The next day, the Farrell women joined me at Lahaina Beach House near Mission Beach to watch the US play France in the quarter-final game of the Women's World Cup.  After the US team won, we decided to explore the boardwalk via electric rental bikes.  We had so much fun!

I am really glad that I had the opportunity to spend some fun, quality time with my aunts and cousins.  I hope that we don't wait too much longer to another Farrell Family Girls' Trip.  Maybe my mom and sister can join in next time....

Walking the ferry
On the ferry to Coronado Island
The Hotel Del
Our view from the patio deck
Jumping for Joy!
Enjoying Little Italy
Watching women's soccer
Beach rental bike time

Comments

Unknown said…
Precious opportunities that make life good.

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!