Skip to main content

Pregnancy Update: 16 Weeks

Baby is the size of: An avocado
Projected Due Date: August 12th
Total Weight Gained: 0 pounds
Baby's Heartbeat: 155 beats/min
Development Tidbits:  Tiny bones are forming in the baby's ears.  Also, eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming.

I had my sixteen week doctor's appointment this past week and, per the doctor, everything looks good and the baby is developing normally.  Personally, I am feeling pretty good.  A little more tired than my first pregnancy, but I am also chasing around a one year old!  I am beginning to feel the baby move.  At this stage, this is called "quickening" and feels more like popcorn popping than kicking.  Very strange.  I cannot remember when I first started to feel Madilyn move, but I feel like this time it is earlier than the first time around.  As for food cravings, I am not having any weird ones.  However, I do tend to want sweets more this time than last.  I still fit in all of my regular clothes, but I have pulled out my maternity clothes knowing that they will be needed shorter than later.  More monthly updates to come ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!