Skip to main content

Last Day at Daycare

So, Friday was Madilyn's last day at daycare with Yolanda.  We have been looking for a new home closer to downtown and we knew this change was probably very close to happening for our family, so we decided that we should start looking into a preschool in the same location for Madi and for the new little one arriving in August.  It was a very hard decision to make.  Change is never fun!  Yolanda has become part of our family.  She is Madi's "Nana" and Josh's salsa distributor and my confidante.  There is no one more that I could have trusted with my first baby at six weeks old.  One of the things I will miss the *most* are my Madi text updates.  Here is the last one I will ever receive from Yolanda ... she sent it Friday morning. 

"My last sad face while she waits for her oatmeal :)
Going to miss this routine it happens every morning :)"

I cannot believe how deprived she looks as she waits for food.  But Yolanda loves her anyway, crying or not.  Here are some photos Yolanda took of the kiddos at preschool on Madi's last day.


To say goodbye, Madi shared popcicles with all of the kids at daycare.  Yolanda said it was fun to watch all of their reactions to the cold treat. 


When I picked up Madi that afternoon, Yolanda and I tried to not shed a tear.  I don't think that either one of us was successful.  And my tears continued for a majority of the car ride home (I am going to blame the pregnancy hormones).  Madilyn, on the other hand, didn't really understand all of the hugging and tears.  It was just another day to her.  Well, we will miss daycare at Yolanda's, but promise to keep her involved in our family and all of Madi's new adventures. 

Yolanda -- Thank you for being such an integral part of our daughter's first year of life.  You will never really know how you have touched our lives.  We will miss seeing you daily!

Comments

Andrea said…
Awww...what a sweet post and sweet pictures! When you find someone you trust implicitly with your kids, you just want to hold on to them forever! This was a great tribute to Yolanda.
jiffy said…
I'm bawling!!!
FootPrints said…
so nice of you to recognize her! it's so important and sometimes difficult to find someone who will care for our babies just like we do!
Yolanda Baker said…
Thank You Jen you just made me cry again love you guys!
Shirley Farrell said…
I cried when I read this. Yolanda, I cannot express the words to thank you for taking such good care of our precious granddaughter. Just know how special you are!
Yolanda Baker said…
Thank You Shirley this is the tough part about my business, saying goodbye to my kids but they are not mine, have to let go. Thank you for being so nice to me:)
Tracy Herndon Yeager said…
Jenn, what a wonderful tribute to such and important woman in Madi's life and yours.

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!