Skip to main content

Pregnancy Update: 30 Weeks

Yesterday, I went to visit my OBGYN for my 30 week check up and 3D ultrasound.  Josh joined me for the ultrasound.  The main purpose of the 30 week ultrasound is to check the weight of the baby.  Well, guess what?  The baby already weighs 4 lbs., 10 ounces.  This is already a BIG baby.  And I still have 10 weeks to go.  Honestly, I am a little freaked out.  The baby is supposed to gain one pound a week during the last month of the pregnancy.  If that is true, then I will have well over a 9 pound baby and that doesn't even account for the six weeks in-between.  Yikes!  I'm scared!

So, while we were in the ultrasound room, Josh and I went back and forth on whether or not we wanted to find out the gender of the baby.  I wanted to find out this time since we didn't find out last time.  Josh, on the other hand, still wanted it to be a surprise until the actual birth.  We continued to waiver back and forth until the ultrasound technician decided to write it down on a piece of paper and placed it in an envelope.  This way we could decide later if we really wanted to know.  Well ... we decided to open the envelope and found this note from the ultrasound technician ...

We are so excited!  I didn't actually see anything during the ultrasound since at that time we still hadn't decided to find out, so I still would like to see the proof.  I guess I will have to wait until the next ultrasound.  We have our little girl and now we are going to have our little boy.  Next step, we have to decide on the name.  So far, the list is pretty long.  We have some work to do to narrow it down.

Here are the rest of my stats from yesterday's visit ...

Projected Due Date: August 9th

Baby's Gender: It's A Boy!!! 

Total Weight Gained: 16 pounds (Yes, I lost 2 pounds since the last visit.)

Baby's Heartbeat: 144 beats/min

Fundal Height Measurement: 33cm (Typically, it should match your current week of pregnancy)

Take a look at our baby boy via the 3D ultrasound pictures ...

Comments

Andrea said…
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Congratulations!!! You will love having a boy!! Having one of each gender is great. LOVE the 3D pics! Amazing!!
Noa said…
OMG!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! How exciting that you're having a little BOY!! I'm grinning from ear to ear for you guys :)
Amy Love said…
Ahhhhh!!!! I was convinced it was gonna be twins :) So excited for you guys! I love the 3D pics.
Jennifer Skinner Mitchen said…
Hoooooray!!!!!!!!!!!

Xoxo
Stephanie Bukata said…
I just read your blog and started tearing up when I saw!!!!! I am sooo happy for you guys!! Now you will have one of each! And now I know what to start buying (boy clothes). Yah!!
Paige Raetz said…
Yeah!!!!!!!!! Keaton needs a little dude to play with :)
Can't wait to meet that big guy :)
Darcie McCracken said…
YYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!

Awesome.
Margie Hulpke said…
A boy! Yeah!! I knew it:)
Gretchen Moore said…
Congratulations!! So excited for you guys, you will have one of each. I can tell you from experience that boys are a lot of fun.

I do have a name suggestion...Ned Flanders...it totally fits :)
Angie Case said…
yeah!!!!!! lucky girl, Josh's friends knew what they were doing...Vic should have consulted... lol congrats!!!!
Leah Huss said…
Saw it this morning, so excited for you guys!!!!!!!
Jerre and Loren said…
How exciting! Now your Mom can start hittin’ the sales! Love you.
Kathleen King said…
I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE A BOY!!!!
Jill Ratke said…
OMG!!!! So excited for you guys! A little boy will complete your family :)
Bill Mason said…
Well done !

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!