Skip to main content

Aiden's 1st Steps

After almost three months of blogging silence due to hectic schedules, exhaustion and, yes, I admit, some laziness on my part, I return.  I had to share momentous news -- my "little man" has taken his first steps.  Last night, as our children sat on the bottom stair in our kitchen enjoying some animal crackers, Aiden decided he would start walking.  He walked to Josh first and then he walked back to me.  Then, we placed him on the bottom stair to enjoy another cookie.  While eating his cookie, he just decided to stand up and walk some more, cookie drooling from his mouth.  After he would finish a cookie, he would get so upset, drop to the floor and cry because he wanted another cookie.  As soon as we would give him another cookie, he would stop crying, stand up and start walking all over again.  Happy as can be.  Wouldn't you know, our child would walk for cookies!

And so, Aiden finally decided to walk one week before he turned fourteen months.  Madi walked on her first birthday.  As I have said before, they are such different kids.  We *never* thought this day would arrive.  And now that it has, I may regret wishing that this day would come.

Enjoy the video, I spliced together of Aiden walking.  A jealous big sister makes a couple of appearances herself.  Look for the cookie drool.  It is classic!!

Comments

Andrea said…
Well damn if that is not a kid after my own heart. Aiden, I would walk for cookies too -- that is an excellent motivator! Good boy. You are raising him right, Far-lands!

P.S. It should be illegal to have kids as cute as yours.
Grandma Farrell said…
OH NO!!! We are all in trouble now. We thought he was into everything pre-walking, just wait. Love ya Aiden.
Melinda Snyder said…
Oh my gosh - he's so cute! I was cheering at my desk watching the video :)
Josh Landers said…
This blog posts makes me smile. I don't think that I express my appreciation for the magical way that you have chronicled our families life and milestones. Thank you for doing this. I know that your blogging will be one of the greatest joys of our life and in our old age together a cherished chronicle of our life.

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!