Skip to main content

Mr. Potato Head

Yesterday, when I arrived to pick up the kids at preschool, Aiden was sitting in the sandbox with his back towards me.  I quickly noticed something was a-rye.  It looked like Aiden was wearing a sports sweatband around his head.  As I approached, I figured out it was actually a bandage around his head.  I quickly turned to the teacher and inquired, "What happened?"  Madi responded for the teacher, "Aiden has a bandaid on he head."  Yes, I could see that.  The teacher explained Aiden fell on his way out the door to recess this morning and hit his head on the corner of the step walking outside.  As I said previously, this boy is crazy and has no fear.  And now that he has started to walk, he is even more fearless.  From the onset, he has always bumped his head on furniture, floors and walls.  I am not looking forward to the many trips to the emergency room I foresee in the future.  So, I was not surprised to hear this portion of the story.  However, the next part of the story was much more entertaining.  I laugh out loud just thinking about it. 

As you can imagine, the bump on Aiden's head was starting to develop quite the bruise and goose egg.  What was preschool's remedy ... to place a slice of potato on the bump with a bandage to secure it in place to relieve the swelling.  What a sight to see!  I have *never* heard of this home remedy.  I guess it couldn't really hurt the situation, plus it is freaking hilarious.  And one of the best parts is my son still had it on his head when I arrived to pick him up in the afternoon.  I cannot believe that it didn't even bother him all day.  What a hoot!

 
 My Son's 1st Injury/Accident Report
(Notice the "First Aid administered" section -- Too funny!)
 The bruise after removing the "potato"
 Someone was jealous her brother was getting all the attention and wanted to be photographed too (with Piggy)

Comments

Yolanda Barron said…
Hi Jen this is very typical in Mexico we use them for headaches as well. Love watching your babies grow they are beautiful.
Darcie McCracken said…
I never heard of it. I'm sad/glad Aiden took one for the team to test it out. He's grown a bunch again. Love Madi's hair too.
Melinda Snyder said…
Love this!
Shirley Farrell said…
So hilarious! The Internet touts the potato as a great "healer." Look it up. So glad Aiden is okay.
Papa Farrell said…
too cute.
Anita Esquivel-Moreno said…
That is funny, this is something my Mom would have done. You have such a beautiful family & I'm so happy for you. What you always wanted.......

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!