Skip to main content

Judaism Journal Entry: Week Six

A child born to Jewish parents enters the covenant with a ceremony of welcome.  What kinds of welcome do you want or need to begin/continue your journey in Judaism?

Although I am still relatively “new” in starting my journey in Judaism, I would have to say that I am very lucky to feel like I have already been welcomed into the Jewish family in so many ways.  Every synagogue that I attend, I feel very welcome and accepted.  Every Jewish person that I meet enjoys learning about my journey and often will provide me with words of encouragement and advice.  I know that Judaism embraces learning and this can be exhibited in every Jewish encounter that I have had.  I have felt very “at home” throughout this entire adventure.

I would like to acknowledge that this journey would not be as productive without my husband, as he has been very supportive.  When I had a desire to learn more about Judaism, he not only encouraged me to register for the course, but he has continued to be a supportive partner the entire time.  We have attended services, involved our children in Tot Shabbat, celebrated the holidays in our home and he even built me a sukkah.  I am so glad to have a partner who has assisted me in opening door into this new religion instead of creating a barrier.  In fact, my entire family has been so accepting and positive.  It has been fun including them in our new traditions and holiday experiences.  I really think that they enjoy learning more about Judaism through me and my family.

The only “welcome” that I may want in the future may be that of a deeper relationship with a Rabbi; one that I could utilize more as a mentor as I grow spiritually.  One that could assist me in converting to Judaism, if I so chose in the future.  One that could advise me about how to assist our children in their religious journey, if they so choose.   Other than that, I have felt very welcomed thus far into Jewish life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!