Skip to main content

Madilyn's 8th Birthday

Madilyn Rae turned eight years old on Saturday, February 24th.  Wow!  My little girl is growing up.  She is becoming quite the little lady.  She is independent, strong willed and brave.  She is happy and carefree, most of the time. She is kind, thoughtful, helpful and honest. Although her own self-confidence sometimes waivers, it grows stronger more and more daily. She gets distracted sometimes, but can be hyper-focused when it comes to art, singing, dancing and swimming.  She loves her stuffed animals and will often treat them as members of the family.  She loves to read and often will choose this activity above all others (except maybe art).  She enjoys play-dates with her best friends, Gretchen and Natalie.  She enjoys my cooking, especially soups, spaghetti and Mexican food.  She *loves* art and is very creative.  She is a super hard worker; she is my perfectionist.  She is a good student and loves to learn.  She can speak three languages -- English, Mandarin and Hebrew.  She is my girly-girl who loves bows in her hair, fancy dresses, shoes, and accessorizes her outfits.  Sometimes she is not all like me and at other times she is very much my mini-me.  I am so blessed and grateful to be her mom.  I am excited to see where you go in your life, what adventures you will have, and what wonderful things you will do.

Miss Madi, hope you had an incredibly fantastic 8th birthday.  Just know that you will always be my baby. You might be 8 years old now, but in my heart, in my mind, in my memories you will always be my baby. I remember so clearly finding out I was pregnant with you, carrying you for 9 months, giving birth to you, breastfeeding you, consoling you when you cried, cuddling you, kissing you, and being there for you, in a way that I had never done with anyone else ever before, and have only done with you and your brother since. Stay as cuddly and kissy as you are now, never grow out of your mom and dad's hugs and kisses, as I will never want to stop giving them to you.  Do me just one favor, don’t go growing up too quickly; I’m not ready to say goodbye to you yet!

*********************************************************************************

Madilyn wanted to host her party on her birthday, so we did.  She and eleven girlfriends enjoyed a little pampering on Saturday afternoon at her Beauty Salon birthday party.  The girls enjoyed getting their nails painted, having make-up applied, customs hair-dos and a coloring station.  And no party would be complete without cupcakes and gifts.  As one of the beauty stylists, the party felt like a whirlwind, but the all of the girls seemed to enjoy themselves.  And the birthday girl was extremely happy!

Decorations for the birthday party
Cupcakes, too!
Madi and Aiden
The birthday girl
Mr. Man
My kiddos
The kids dabbing
Nail painting station
Hair stylist station
Make-up station
Coloring station
Madi and her girlfriends
Cupcake time
All glamorized!
Opening gifts
Gretchen, Maelyn and Madi enjoying their sleepover craft

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!