Skip to main content

Family Camping Trip

Growing up, I fondly remember my family's camping trips. Fresh air in the mountains, fishing with my dad, exploring the forest with my cousins, playing various outdoor games, and roasting s'mores over a roaring fire. These family adventures allowed me to gain valuable life's lessons:  how to squat over a campground open air toilet, how to roast the perfect marshmallow, how to whittle a stick, how to clean a fish (the rule was if you catch it, you clean it), and how to skip rocks on the lake.  It also allowed me to strengthen my connections with my cousins, aunts, uncles, sister and parents.

We wanted to have our kids have some of the same experiences I had above.  So, in mid-May, we took the kids camping up near Show Low with a couple of other families.  It was one of the most beautiful campground I have ever visited.  Clean bathrooms, a gorgeous view of the lake from the campsite, and a playground in walking distance from our site.  The weather was chilly at night, but optimal during the day.  Saturday was spent mostly relaxing and eating grilled meats while we watched the kids entertain themselves with various outdoor activities -- catching bugs, skipping rocks, etc.  As a group, we did enjoy a small hike to the nearby playground.  We couldn't have asked for a better experience.  Hopefully, the kids loved it as much as we did.

On the way up north ...
The Campground

All of the kids on night one
Aiden, Ben, Addison, Charlotte, Madilyn
Our campsite
The view from our campsite
Relaxing by the fire
Sunset
Celebrating Shabbat in the Pines
The kids - Saturday morning.
The boys - Aiden and Ben
The girls -- Madi, Addison and Charlotte
The kids doing an activity
Going on our group hike
At the playground
Kids having a secret meeting
Family photo
Josh and I
Group Selfies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!