Skip to main content

Conveyor Belt Sushi Date

Last Saturday evening, Josh and I decided last minute that we wanted to have a date night.  We wanted to check out a restaurant we had heard some good things about and then go to the new Wolverine movie.  Thankfully, my sister and parents agreed to watch the kids. 

After we dropped off the kids, we headed over to Desert Ridge to try out the restaurant we had heard so much about.  It is called Sushi Station.  They call themselves a "revolving" sushi bar.  I would call it more of a conveyor belt sushi restaurant.  We were seated at a table and right next to the table is a conveyor belt.  As you sit, several different plates of sushi dishes are passing by you on the conveyor belt.  Whenever you see a dish that you would like to eat, you grab it, eat it and pile up your plates.  Every plate has a different color and price amount.  At the end of the meal, your plates are added up and that is the amount that you owe for your meal.  At first, I found the concept very strange and very impersonal.  Plus, I was afraid to eat any of the dishes I selected as I felt that I would miss another plate that I really wanted to eat.  So weird!  In the end, though, Josh and I agreed that we find the concept very intriguing as we tried some dishes that we would not have normally tried as the portions are smaller and the costs are only $2, $3, $4 and $5 per plate.  So, if we didn't like the dish, then we didn't feel so bad about not eating the rest of the plate.  Also, the quality of the sushi was very good and seemed very fresh.  Next time we have some time, we would try it again.

After dinner, we headed over to Desert Ridge.  We had a little time before the movie so we started a little holiday shopping.  I very rarely have time to shop with my husband without the kids, so we took advantage of our time together.

The movie was entertaining.  Probably not the best movie in the series, but entertaining. 

Our date concluded with a stop for ice cream on the way home.  Thank you, hubby, for a fascinating and different movie date.

Sushi on the conveyor belt
Our plates piling up
The conveyor belt travels all around the restaurant
Josh and the passing sushi

Comments

David Wine said…
Leave it to Josh to find the Fun Stuff!
Anonymous said…
Bonnie and I have been to 2 sushi places like this, but they were on boats!! I like being able to get the variety of many different sushi.

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!