Skip to main content

Happy 20th Anniversary!

To one of my favorite couples,

On this special day, I wanted to extend a little note expressing how grateful and lucky I am to have you in my life.

When I married your grandson just over four years ago, you welcomed me into your lives with hugs and kisses and I became your grand-daughter.  For that, I am so truly thankful. 

When my kids were born, you showered them with gifts, love and tenderness and they became your great-grandkids.  For that, they are truly blessed.

When I call to chat, you always have a listening ear, a funny story to share or even a gripe of your own.  For this, I am happy.

When I wanted to learn more about my husband's Jewish heritage, you taught me through Yiddish words, family stories and cultural traditions and foods.  With that knowledge, I feel connected to my husband's roots more than ever.

Everyday at sundown, when your glasses are filled with wine, you toast each other and cement it with a kiss on the lips, it reminds me that marriage is such a blessing that should not be taken for granted. 

I admire the way that you still hold each other's hands, walk side by side and steal little glances at each other when you think no one is looking.  But all of these acts are noticed.  I just hope Josh and I are able to embody the same love and devotion for each other fifteen years from now.

Thank you for creating a marriage that the rest of us can strive to achieve.  You have definitely set the bar high.  I look forward to the challenge.

Mazel Tov!  L'chaim!

Comments

Shirley Farrell said…
YES - Happy Anniversary to the cutest couple I have ever met. Love to both of you.
Melinda Snyder said…
Happy Anniversary to Selma and Stan! One of the lovliest couples I know!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!