Skip to main content

20th High School Class Reunion

This past September, I was invited to attend my twentieth high school class reunion.  I cannot believe that I graduated from high school twenty years ago.  No way!  I seems like just yesterday I was walking down the halls of Cactus High School in Glendale, Arizona.  And yet, there are so many things that have happened in my life since graduation.  Marriage, children, house purchases, career changes, the loss of friends and family, and so much more.

When I received the invitation for the reunion party, I was hesitant about attending.  Through social media, I had discovered that many of my old, closer friends would not be in attendance.  I thought, "Why go then?" But after more thought, I decided to go and I was really glad that I did.  It was a good time and although I had not seen many of these people in twenty years, it was just like we were back in high school.  We all look very much the same and most of us have not moved out of the Phoenix area.  I was so surprised how comfortable we all were in this environment and how fast all the old friendship reappeared.  I really feel that had I not attended, I would have regretted it.

I really enjoyed my high school experience.  It was a very well-rounded period of my life.  I was involved in athletics on the swimming team.  I was thoroughly active in the theater, choir and drama departments. I excelled academically in my honors classes.  I enjoyed 95% of my classes and teachers.  I even had all of the normal high school drama -- boyfriend issues, girlfriend issues, homework, who is going to ask me to the dance, etc.  (I only wish that these were the only stressors in my life today).  All and all, I am very grateful for my high school years.  I feel they prepared me for the next chapters of my life, which I guess is what they are meant to do.

When the invitation for my thirtieth class reunion arrives, I definitely will respond, "I will be attendance".  See you all in another ten years!

"We are so might, hear us roar, we are the Class of '94"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!