Skip to main content

Our Little Dancer!

About a month ago, Madilyn started an Intro to Dance Class at Dance Theater West in Phoenix.  All summer she would ask, "When am I going to start ballet?"  So, this fall, we decided to see if her enthusiasm would last for an entire semester.  So far it has.  Every Saturday morning, she is so excited to put on her dance outfit as soon as she wakes up.  Each dancer at the studio has to wear the same outfit -- pink stirrup tights and a long sleeve navy blue leotard.  What a great concept.  None of the kids compare themselves to the other kids.  And they all look so adorable and matchy-matchy. The other thing that I really love is that they use a live pianist during class.  It really makes the class flow really well and the kids love the live music.  Madilyn seems to really enjoy the class.  In fact, she spends the entire week in-between classes dancing and twirling around showing off her dance moves.  I cannot wait to see the recital at the end of semester.  I bet it will be really adorable.

We chose Dance Theater West because the dance instructor, Sally, is a long-time family friend.  In fact, Sally was my choreographer for many shows and Kids Alive at Theater Works.  It makes me laugh sometimes watching Sally and Madi during class because I can remember Sally telling me or showing me the same exact instruction.  How crazy is it that I am able to share this little connection with my daughter so many years later!  I love it.  Sadly, I don't think that Madi will really understand how cool this is to me.

Madilyn at Her 1st Dance Class

Comments

Melinda Snyder said…
She's so cute!
Barbara Anderson Goldstein said…
I am noticing her serious facial expressions while she is learning. She is studying the teacher's hand and arm gestures, she seems comfortable with her reflection,and she really is zeroing in on the instructor feet positions. This is her FIRST class? I can tell she really wants to be there! These pictures are precious and it looks like she is well on her way to discovering the joy of dance! Brava little ballerina!
Sally Hogan said…
Love having her with me!
Shirley said…
So wonderful to see our granddaughter with the best teacher around. Sally is so special to our family and Madi is lucky to learn ballet from her. Love the pictures!
Dione Ellen Mason Katz said…
Love it!
Tyrone Farrell said…
The pictures are great. Any time you can give your child an opportunity to do what she wants with a person you trust and like, plus enjoy her experience with song and dance to me is heavenly. Enjoy!
Judy Schwiebert said…
Love!! And love seeing her with Sally!

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!