Skip to main content

The "Nesting" Phase of Pregnancy

It is official … I have reached the “nesting” phase of pregnancy. According to many, this is the phase when you run around your house, despite your bulging belly, and make sure the nest is secure, well-stocked, and prepared for the baby. For me, it hit somewhere around the 36 week mark. Although, if you ask my husband, my neurotic need to have everything clean, organized and in order is not a new phenomenon in our house. However, at this point in the pregnancy, I constantly feel the urge (more than normal) to make sure everything is pristine, just in case the baby decides to arrive into our lives at any moment now. It is amazing how many projects I have found to complete around the house. Who knew that it was so unorganized? We have organized and re-organized the garage. The infant car seat bases have been installed in our cars and inspected/approved by our local county department of health. All of the essential baby’s clothes and blankets have been laundered. I have re-organized all of the cabinets and pantry in the kitchen to accommodate for the new baby bottles, cups and bowls. I also reorganized the guest bathroom to make room for the baby’s bathing things. I guess I never realized how much “stuff” a baby requires. The dogs’ have had their annual veterinary visit to get updated on their shots. The carpets are currently scheduled to be cleaned before the big arrival. My hospital bag is packed along with the baby’s diaper bag. I have even created a template and distribution email list for my husband so he can easily announce the birth of our child to everyone without too much hassle.

And lastly, the nursery has been painted, decorated and organized to welcome the newest member of our family. We chose a safari theme. We felt that it was a very suitable décor theme for our little monkey. I love it! I sometimes find myself just peering into the doorway of the room imagining our little bundle of joy lying in their crib or rocking it to sleep in the recliner. The room feels so cozy and serene.  I have posted some photos below so you can see the final creation.

Baby Landers' Nursery ...


Shelly -- The four foot stuffed giraffe ...


The bedspread ...

Comments

Andrea said…
Um, Jenn? You have been "nesting" your entire life!! You crack me up, hon. This is going to be the most organzied birth known to humankind! : )

The nursery looks ADORABLE! Well done!! Loving the theme, and that giraffe? OMG. So awesome! No nursery is complete without a 4-foot giraffe.

LOVING this blog -- keep it up! I have you in my Google Reader so I will never miss a baby update!
jiffy said…
We are twins seperated at birth... I did the exact same checklist before Ellie was born :) At least it's not 115 degrees while you are doing your nesting!!

I love love love the nursery! May I suggest framing some photos from your actual safari and hanging them?

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!