Skip to main content

Update on the Baby's Arrival

Here is this week's baby update. Stats as of today's visit ...

Projected Due date: February 25th

Week of Pregnancy: 38 weeks

Total Weight Gained:  33 pounds

Baby's Heartbeat: 136

Effacement Percentage: 75% (I was 50% last week)
This is how thin your cervix is.

Dilatation: 0
How far your cervix has opened. 10 centimeters being the widest.

Baby's Head Station: -2 (same as last week)
This is the position of the baby in relation to your pelvis, measured in pluses and minuses. A baby who is at 0 station is said to be engaged, while a baby in the negative numbers is said to be floating. The positive numbers are the way out!
 
Position of the Cervix:  Still posterior
The cervix will move from being more posterior to anterior.

And so we wait ...

To be honest as I look back at my pregnancy, I cannot believe that I have been pregnant for 38 weeks now.  For the most part, it has flown by so quickly and I have been so lucky.  I really didn't have morning sickness in the beginning nor have I had any major complications.  My only complaints are that I have endured some major heartburn (this baby better have some hair!), some restless nights' sleep, and a baby's foot in my ribs every once in awhile.  Not too bad overall.

I finally uploaded some of the ultrasound photos and I wanted to share them.  I cannot believe how tiny this little person was in July.  And now the doctor seems to think that it could weight close to 7 pounds!  We will just have to see.

Our 1st Ultrasound -- July 2009

The 12 Week Ultrasound -- August 2009

The 20 Week Ultrasound -- October 2009

The 3-D Ultrasound -- December 2009

Comments

Andrea said…
Those 3-D photos are INCREDIBLE! I can't believe you are full-term already!

Major heartburn, eh? This baby is sure to have hair!

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!