Skip to main content

First Loves

Everyone has had one.  And even more, we all remember exactly who was that first love.  I do.  Of course, as with most young romances, we thought that we would "live happily ever after".  Sadly, we did not and my heart hurt for many years when we realized that dream ended.  But then I met a new love.  Our story has not been completely written, but we are on a good path full of children we adore who remind us every day of why our love is so amazing.  And we have incredible support from our family and friends who remind us to keep striving for the best marriage possible.

However, recently, I found out some interesting news regarding my first love.  It was news that did not shock me, and yet, surprisingly, it has taken me aback.  This information has made me conjure up emotions that I never thought that I would feel towards this person again.  I am happy that he is happy.  He deserves to have a life full of love and joy.  We all do.  However, it also saddens me that we did not work out or maybe try a little harder.  And all my feelings of hurt rushed back once again.  It was as if we were breaking up all over again.  And mostly, I am angry with myself for allowing myself to become so affected by this news.  It isn't as if I regret all of the choices we made so many years ago.

I know in my heart of hearts that things happen in our lives for a meaningful reasons.  Our love had run its course.  I cherish the happy memories of my life with him.  He helped mold me into the person I am today and for that I am grateful.

Here's wishing us both the "Happily Ever After" we always hoped for ...

Comments

Vanessa said…
I love you for writing this cathartic post and getting it off your chest. I feel like this is one of things that we aren't supposed to feel and we DEFINITELY aren't supposed to share out loud. In my eyes, it's brave and healthy of you to write this and it's a gift of permission to others to be ok feeling this. Great post.
Anonymous said…
I think this is completely normal. I've been there, too. Not with a first love, though lol. But another, maybe 2.

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!