Skip to main content

Winter in Washington, D.C.

Typically every year in February, I travel to Washington, D.C. to attend the National Association of Health Underwriter's Capitol Conference.  This is a conference which enables me, as a employee benefit broker, to become more educated on the hot topics in my field and to lobby on Capitol Hill to my Congressional delegates regarding how they can assist us in creating a better healthcare system.  It is one of my favorite conferences to attend.  

This year was especially fun.  Lynsey, my sister, recently moved to Arlington, one of Washington, D.C.'s suburbs, to work for an organization called Ashoka.  This gave me an awesome opportunity to fly in a couple of days early to spend some quality time with her. We had a great time seeing some of the local sights, imbibing some of the local beer and enjoying some of the local eating establishments.

Alexandria
 Fairfax Street
 Sisterly Love
 
 Infamous King Street

The other reason this trip to Washington, D.C. was so special for me was the fact that this was the first time ever it snowed while I visit the nation's capital.  I must admit that Washington, D.C. is a beautiful city, but it is even more beautiful covered in powdery snow.  However, being from Arizona I would have to admit it was pretty cold, but at least it was beautifully cold. 

 The Capitol at Night
The wintry view from my hotel room
A snowy walk
The Capitol Building
Looking out over the mall
The Library of Congress
The Supreme Court Building

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!