Skip to main content

Honeymoon Israel Trip ~ Day 6

What can I say about day six ... there were some funny moments during the day like listening to Avraham Infeld teach us that Judaism is not a religion.  He was incredibly insightful and lighthearted. But for the most part, day six was thought-provoking, emotional, and draining.  We visited Yad Vashem (Israel's Holocaust Museum).  This was the third Holocaust museum that I have visited in my lifetime.  Previously, I had visited the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles while a junior at Whittier.  I visited the Washington, D.C. Holocaust museum in 2003 with my sister, Lynsey, as one of our stops along the way to Boston.  This museum was by far the most impactful of the three that I had visited.  Most likely because I feel a stronger tie to the Jewish people now than I have ever before. This time while walking through the museum I found myself feeling an array of emotions -- anger, sadness, remorse, confusion, heartbreak, disgust, and empathy.  We all left the museum very solemn and thankful that we had over a two hour drive to our kibbutz in northeastern Israel.

A snippet of Avraham Infeld's speech
Yad Vashem
Inside the museum -- the architecture was incredible
A tour of Yad Vashem (similar to what we experienced)
The Hall of Names in Yad Vashem
A view of Jerusalem as you walk out of Yad Vashem
The Children's Memorial at Yad Vashem
Inside The Children's Memorial at Yad Vashem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backyard Renovation

Madilyn's 1st Surgery

Goodbye Sweet Capone...

Road Trip to Colorado

Mina's 1st Birthday!